Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some Scenes from the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

There are times when I am sad not to be in Washington, and yesterday was one of them. I tried to watch the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, which I finally found on politico.com but the signal was not even and I missed a lot of the wordplay, so I settled for listening to it on cspan radio and updating my browser and then stopping it every once in a while to see the scene but not get too disoriented by the simultaneous and slightly off time streams (CSPAN seemed a bit behind).

I especially liked Jon Stewart in front of the all the American flags, and when both he and Colbert had their flag jackets on. This collection of shots from Salon are really great: Scenes from the Rally to Restore Sanity.

Now I have to run to tend to the Halloween Trick or Treaters at the door! Never underestimate soft power, good, bad, and in between.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

My mom and I went to the rally...we had such a great time!