Tuesday, May 5, 2009

IPL and the Election

My attempts at posting over the weekend failed when power cuts doomed them and frustrated me. Tonight is cooler, and it rained a bit, so I'm hoping that I can post this before it gets lost.

This weekend I was writing as I was watching IPL cricket instead of election coverage. IPL is Indian Premier League, the 20/20 (short version) cricket league which is being held this season (or "tournament") in South Africa as the Indian government couldn't ensure sufficient security as the election is running at the same time. Like the majority of Indians, I am paying more attention to the cricket than to the election. The election is clearly more important, but given the month that it takes to carry it out throughout the whole country, it is hard to maintain sustained interest.

No comments: