Friday, January 15, 2010

National Handloom Fair in Bangalore, Early Jan 2010

The start of silk.

Silkworms emerging.
Crunching on mulberry leaves.
Products used in the production of silkworms and silk. These were shown outside the handloom fair, where a wide range of products from throughout India were shown.
Bamboo lighting.
Kashmiri embroidery.
Quilts.
Bags of all sorts.

Shawls and carpets.
More embroidered shawls.
More Kashmiri embroidery.
Cute outfits for little girls.
Jaipuri quilts.
A bag made of old saris and fabrics.
Yet another bag.
A pile of bags.

If you can't tell, I LOVE these shows, even though I usually don't buy much. I used to go explore them with my Hungarian friend Betty, who is now back in Budapest. I still like going, but it's not quite as much fun alone.

1 comment:

Victoria Broadus said...

I wish I could have seen this!! Although I don't miss dealing with trying to bargain...