Monday, November 17, 2008

Stuck in traffic

Since my trips to the post office, the mailman recognizes me, and I have gotten mail every single day. Before that, three pieces of mail in three months. In the last three days, I have gotten several pieces of mail each day. It seems odd that nothing came the rest of the time. Where did all the rest of that mail go?

Anyway, today's post is about feeling helpless while stuff in traffic because of a political rally being held in town. Here is the view from the car, on a side street (near the IISc). I figure that once we get to the highway it will be easier. While we're stuck here, a scooter zipping between two cars breaks the side rear view mirror.
Once we get on the highway, it is just as bad, maybe even worse, as several lanes become parking spots. The buses were still going into town although others were leaving. People were on top of buses, but many gave up as traffic wasn't moving and started walking.
There were lots of those political signs I hate so much. Buses and trucks were also decorated in the green and white colors of the party celebrating (Janata I think).
Traffic in all directions, as far as the eye could see.

Below is Mekri Circle, a major intersection.

No comments: